PASTA CON TARTUFI – PASTA WITH TRUFFLES
If you’re looking to create a delicately flavorful pasta dish, truffles are a natural ingredient to use. For centuries, these elusive underground fungi have been adding subtle flavor to dishes from around the world. Some of the most renowned chefs and gourmands in the world have waxed poetic about the delicacy and aroma of the truffle; in fact, eighteenth-century French chef Brillat-Savarin once referred to it as the “diamond of the kitchen.” oil
It’s natural to feel intimidated about cooking with truffles; don’t be. The following recipe for pasta con tartufi, or pasta with truffles, is an excellent, and simple, introduction to this flavorful ingredient. When supplemented by the additional information that can be found throughout truffles.com, this pasta con tartufi recipe is sure to ignite a spark of passion for truffles in your heart – and your taste buds!
Pasta Con Tartufi
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
3-1/2 quarts of water
1 pound pasta (angel hair, thin spaghetti or fettuccine are all suitable choices)
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 pound freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
1/3 cup truffle oil, plus extra for garnish
1/3 cup freshly chopped scallions or green onions
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 freshly shaved black truffle (see note below)
1. Fill a large pot with the water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and bring to a boil.
2. Put the pasta in the pot; cook until its al dente, approximately 4 – 6 minutes, depending on the type of pasta that’s being used.
3. Drain the pasta thoroughly in a colander, then place in a mixing bowl.
4. Add the Parmesan cheese, truffle oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the pasta; mix well.
5. Sprinkle in the black pepper; mix in the green onions or scallions.
6. Just before serving, garnish the pasta with the remaining truffle oil and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with the black truffle shavings. Serve right away.
Note: While this recipe calls for one black truffle, you can explore additional options at truffles.com. There are many other varieties of truffle available; each one brings a slightly different flavor to the table. Use this recipe as a jumping-off point for your explorations in cooking pasta with truffles.
More truffle Recipes
Purchase truffles like those used in this recipe
Read more :